A career in personal training is an excellent way to advance your skills in fitness. Personal training career paths offer a diverse area of specializations and opportunity. The educational program that you select will shape the beginning of your new career and lay the foundation for an array of future opportunities. To assist you in beginning this bright, new vocation, here are some links that can guide you along your journey into a rewarding career as a personal trainer
- Here’s a link to a great resource that will give you some tips for the National Council on Strength & Fitness, a governing board for personal training. The link will give you exam preparation materials and training ideas.
- Nutrition is an important factor in overall health and fitness. This link is a great source of nutritional and dietary information for anyone looking to improve eating habits. If you’re looking to incorporate a balanced workout for your clientele, see this site for more details.
- Gym etiquette is an important part of the gym culture. Just like eating a fancy restaurant, there are social taboos to avoid. Here is a great resource that will explain some of the do’s and don’ts of the gym.
- Knowing what to bring to a gym usually only takes a bit of common sense, but sometimes we overlook things that can really be an advantage. The most important thing you can bring to a gym is a training journal. While towels, snacks, and change of clothing may be needed, a training journal will ensure that your progress is detailed and your performance is always being challenged.
- A circuit training workout is one of the best ways to burn fat and increase muscle tone. Here you’ll find samples and ideas that will help you formulate your own circuit training workout, designed to produce results.